For a third consecutive edition, the International Freeski Film Festival is revisiting its Asian roots in the beautiful country of Japan. The event is returning in full force with its first ever Winter edition at Kandatsu Kogen ski resort on March 5th, 2016.
A special lineup of movies has been chosen from iF3’s Official Selection, hand picking nominated and award-winning films.
Two – Good Company
- Movie Awards
- Best Short Movie
- Tom Wallisch, Tim McChesney, Niklas Eriksson, Dale Talkington, John Ware, Chris Laker, Adam Delorme, Karl Fostvedt, Joss Christensen, Collin Collins
The Masquerade – Super Proof Inc
- Movie Awards
- Best Male Freeride Segment – Sean Pettit
- Best Big Mountain Film
- Best Cinematography
- Sean Pettit, Richard Permin, Joe Schuster, Torin Yater Wallace, Noah Bowman, Callum Pettit, Mark Abma
Foorush – Five Count
- Japanese local pros show why skiing is fun
- Ryuya Yoshida, Hayato Nishizawa, Shogo Kawano, Yoshiya Yamashiro, Koki Maehori
Freeski Japan – Daisuke Kurata
- iF3 VideoQuest Japan 2015 1st place
- Daisuke Kurata, Shinnosuke Mima, Toshihiro Murase, Daisuke Takano, Seiha Ogawa, Shunsuke Kamimura, Kosuke Kusakari, Ryosuke Goto, Yuishi Atagi, Yuhei Yamada, Tatsuya Tayagaki, Yosuk Sofuku, Yuta Minemura, Yoshiharu Karasudani
Shogen – Yushi Saito
As novelty in its concept, the festival will feature a custom set of jumps and rails for invited skiers to give a live ski performance. Amongst several athletes, we’ll be welcoming Tom Wallisch at the resort as the star of the show. Other athletes riding with The North Face, as well as the local, up-and-coming Japanese prodigee Soshi Udagawa will be featured at the show.